Monday, July 19, 2010

I haven't just been lying by the pool...

Where is the summer going? I thought that I would have more time in my "scrap dungeon" during the summer while I was off from work, but pulling weeds, sitting by the pool, and playing with kids has taken priority. I do have some things to show though...

First up, a card. It's a little twist on a card that my favorite Close To My Heart consultant, Gina, made. Wouldn't these be cute for a kids' party invite? I used the Fiskars Seal of Approval punch to make "the bite".




Next up, Mickey Mouse! Over at Fiskateers, there is a group of us that "lift" another Fiskateer's page each week. This was my take on someone else's design. Mickey just seemed to hit me on the head that day, and say "Look, 3 buttons make a Mickey head." Sometimes creativity comes when you want it!

Lastly, here is sketch 206 over at scrapbookchallenges. It is Luke, flying away on some sort of Star Wars vehicle. I'm getting to be "ok" with empty space on a page...that takes some getting used to.

And, the most exciting news. I am going to the CHA (Craft and Hobby Association) Supershow. It's where all of the crafty companies come to display and sell their new design lines. I am so excited. And, there is a Fiskateer Craft party too! I can't wait, and of course I'll have pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelly, thanks for the mentioning of my name. You did a great job and you have been crafty!! I can't wait to see the picture from your shopping excursion when you go. I've started my blog and hopefully will have something ready to go in a week or two. Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete