Friday, February 18, 2011

Quick cards...trying something new

Two quick cards thanks to Tami's technique that she shared over at Fiskateers. I used black pigment ink to stamp these 2 images, and then heated up with black embossing powder. I "painted" the images using a water brush and some white acrylic paint(Tami had used white ink, but I CAN'T FIND MINE or my splat mat either---daughters! hhmmph!)

On the tulip card, I added glossy accents. On the medallion card (the medallion is from Holly Berry House), I cut out the image and layered it on some paper that I dry embossed with a damask design (Cuttlebug folder) and some black damask-designed paper from Pink Paislee.
I like this simple, subtle look of the white against the Kraft colored paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment