Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy Teacher Appreciation Week








"Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best." - Bob Talbert

My children have been blessed with wonderful, WONDERFUL teachers. This "Don't forget..." note station will be perfect on their desk.


All you need is:
- a picture frame (I found mine at a local Dollar Store)
-paper and embellishments (I'm sure you can find some in your stash)
-a dry erase marker
-sticky backed Velcro (a small piece of hard and soft)


Measure the size of your frame, and cut two sheets of light colored paper to that size. I embossed my paper by running it through my Big Shot with two different Sizzix texture plates. I cut the now embossed paper into 1 inch strips and weaved the two different patterns together.




I added a "don't forget" header at the top and a strip of patterned paper at the bottom. I used Fiskars border punches (In Stitches and Apron Lace) on the strips and punched some flowers with the Fiskars "press star now" Squeeze punch for embellishments. I velcroed the Dry Erase marker to the glass and now their teachers will always be ready to jot a quick note to themselves.


Happy Teacher Appreciation Week to all those who have devoted their lives to teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment