Wednesday, November 16, 2011

anything but GRAY


 Here in the mid-west we have entered the gray season.  Gray sky.  Gray trees.  Gray clothing.  Feeling gray.  To counter-act this mood, I am using ANYTHING but gray.  Bold colors all the way as I scrap these pictures of happier spring times. 

I love this graphic, bright paper that I used as a border.  It can be really hard to decide  how to use such a strong design without overwhelming the whole page and the pictures.  Adding texture to the solid colors pulled from the pattern give the page a balance.  I think these boys could have used some balance.  What I didn't catch, is a picture of them falling down as they lost theirs. 

Me?...it's only November and I'm longing for these brighter, bolder colored days already.  It's going to be a long winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment