Sunday, December 11, 2011

still playing tag

So having Whooping Cough does have it's advantages. I have been able to play along with Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas. Each one has been a delight, and I have a new favorite (or 2, or 3). This one at the top is literally a "Where's Waldo" of tags. I couldn't go quite as "steampunk" as Tim's tag, but I love the hodge-podge of items. I got to color the Grinch with my Copic markers and found that all of those embellishments waiting to be used in my stash can be looked at in a whole different way when thinking Christmas.


 

The next tag I couldn't wait to try because of the technique for the background.  First I stamped the pattern with red, and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  Next, I blended in the green all over the tag (and over the red, but since it was embossed it remained prominent). I covered the whole tag in clear embossing powder (flicked some off) and then heat embossed again. This makes the red part double embossed and raised.  It reminds me of wallpaper and has a texture you just want to touch. 

I didn't have any of the Candlestick dies he used, so I die-cut some flourishes and put them together to create a custom candle-stick holder.  Using glossy accents randomly on the candle makes it look like it's dripping wax. 

I just love the traditional colors on this one!





 This last tag was putzy.  Creating those ornaments was a lot of work but such a great technique transferring the paper image onto packing tape.  Go watch his instructions:  www.timholtz.typepad.com




It truly gives you the look of vintage ornaments. 






December is going by quickly. 

 BELIEVE
 that you can enjoy the holiday and its celebrations
while still trying to get all you can on your "to do" list.



No comments:

Post a Comment