Friday, June 22, 2012

whatever gives thanks...




I was at a Fiskateer event earlier this week, and we got to play with Fiskars' new die-cutting and letterpress machine, The Fuse.  I was impressed with how easily it cut through all different material including grunge board and 10 sheets of paper at one time!  People were lining up to make mini-books!

Speaking of Fiskateers, it is time for a change of leadership.  Angela, Cheryl, Tami, and Rebecca will achieve "Legend" status and Tania and Emma take over the orange helm.  This weekend, it is a "Weekend of a Million Thank Yous" as we wish the "retirees" well in their new endeavors.  I'm getting ready early and using some of the shapes I cut out with the Fuse to make "thank you" cards. 

I'm going to make one card for each of the leads, and  I thought this card with the "Fused" clock and doilies, pearls, butterflies, tags, bird, acrylic, eyelet, burlap, and tulle was just Cheryl's style.  A littel bit of everything!

Lead Fiskateer, Tami, is a stamper, so this card with the stamped sentiments, distress inks, and buttons will make her smile.  This oval die cut with the embossed chair is also one that I cut from the Fuse.
I even stamped the inside!
I'll post again when I get the other 2 cards done...silly and sewing!

~Kelly

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I certainly recognize these! I love the cards you created from your goodies playing with the Fuse. Kelly, I am so glad I am getting to know you on a more personal level. You are one talented, intelligent, warm, busy lady who gives and makes peoples day. Thanks for doing the Fiskateer Lead's event this weekend. I am now a follower of your blog too! :)
    Kelly #6558

    ReplyDelete