Saturday, November 16, 2013

Be secretive...



Let's play
"what's in my Linnie Blooms canvas flourish pocket"...
You can't probably guess from this first picture, but maybe this next one will give you a hint.


Did you guess secret journaling? Ding-Ding-Ding...you are right!
Earlier this month, on my blog, I discussed my new adventure into an art journal...you can check it out here. I have never done anything like this before, and I must admit, it is quite addicting (like I need another crafty addiction!).



The Linnie Blooms "mixed stitch canvas book" is what drew me in. I saw one in the "real" Linnie Blooms store when I was there this summer and I knew it was something I wanted to try. You can see it on the online store here.


So, I am creating an art journal inspired by songs I love. This page happens to be a "church song", but believe, me I will be covering all sorts of music by the time this book is done. This song, "You are Mine" has a very special place in my heart because it came to me during a very difficult time. The story is one that I don't want to share with everyone, so this Linnie Blooms canvas flourish pocket is a perfect "secret keeper".
To create the pages, I covered them sloppily, or should I say "creatively" in white and then metallic gold acrylic paint. I added some gold glitter gel, a pearl embellishment, some doilies die cuts (Sizzix decorative doily), lace, patterned paper, and fabric scraps. I attached and covered all of these additions with Mod Podge.
 
 
For the pocket, I used a stencil from Crafter's Workshop, and then spritzed my own mixture of gold metallic acrylic paint, Create a Shade Pearl Paint from Close to My Heart, and water to get the design. The color is subtle, but still has enough contrast to really stand out. I used Fireline, (which is really thin beading wire), to string on a few seed beads (clear, silver, and irridescent white) to embellish and create a border around the pocket. The pocket is attached to the journaling page with a delicate pearl pin from Maya Road.

So, what are you going to put in your secret pocket?


~Kelly




Pin It

**Remember...just for my beloved followers, I have a SUPER discount code for you. If you want to place an order at Linnie Blooms online store, you can shop here... http://lindabarutha.com/shop/. Use the code LB2013KS and you will get 10% off your order. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment