Monday, May 17, 2010

a cupcake, chocolate, and a baby

The most important news first...I'm an aunt! Reina Kathlynne was born on May 12th. She came to visit yesterday and she is ADORABLE and now well-loved by her older cousins, aunt, and uncle. My husband felt the need to limit my time holding the baby (in case I would get that "feeling"). Maybe he had a good idea...


I used my Fiskars cupcake template to make a birthday card. This one I made for my brother's birthday in February, but now I'm making another one for a different brother.
The outside of the card says:"We baked cupcakes for your birthday"
The inside says: "They were delicious" (Hee-hee, sisters never stop picking on their brothers).


Last week's recipe of Macaroni and Cheese (ala Noodles and Company) received 6 thumbs up from our family. It was not as good as Noodles, but it was smooth and creamy and delicious!

Friday was Scrap Club and I was the "hostess". These brownies were scrum-diddly-umptious!

CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BARS
1 box of German Chocolate cake mix
¾ C butter, softened
1 C chopped pecans
2/3 C evaporated milk (5 oz can)
1 C chocolate chips
14 oz package of caramels

Mix (with hands), dry cake mix, butter, nuts, and 1/3 C of milk. Spread ½ of mixture in a greased 9x13 pan. Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

When it comes out of the oven, immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over the top.

Melt all of the unwrapped caramels and rest of milk in microwave, 30-60 seconds at a time until you can mix well. Spread melted mixtures over chocolate chips. Crumble reserved cake mixture over the top. Return to oven for 15-18 minutes.

Cut into bars when cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment