Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A purpose under heaven (and in heaven too)

Every dog has a purpose. Indy's was to teach, love, and lick... not necessarily in that order. I just finished reading "A Dog's Purpose" by W. Bruce Cameron. As I read, I reflected on the passing of our first "baby". She taught us a lot and gave us the practice we needed to have 4 kids. We will always love you Indy!
INDY January 11, 1996-October 27,2010

She also taught us to perservere. And it is in that mind-set, that we couldn't be a 1 dog household for very long. We welcome with love...Axel
He is a "mutt" with some obvious shepherd and lab traits. He has brought joy to our house as our new fur-baby.

Did you know, in addition to everything else they eat, puppies eat into "scrap time"? It's been tough to get anything done around here, especially Christmas cards! But, I've gotten a few layouts done to share.

I used this precious photo for a "Liftateer" layout over at Fiskateers.

This layout was inspired by Gerry van Gent's "Just a Boy" LO from August over at Scrapbook Challenges. I loved all of the stitching she did around her page so I used it too!


This is from Sketch 224 at Scrapbook Challenges.




This one is a Kelly "original". I tried a new technique for me on the right page...back-stitching with ribbon. I like the effect.

And, if this one look familiar, it's because I already posted it back in October. But, this week it is a "gallery gem" over at Scrapbook Challenges. Thanks to Ana for choosing my layout to showcase!

I'll be back soon with a paper-piecing technique and my Christmas cards (I hope).


No comments:

Post a Comment