Monday, September 24, 2012

Whatever is lifted...part 2

 
 
Still celebrating another year of "lifting" over at the  Fiskateer site...
for the Lift Off-Lift the Same Name Challenge, I was inspired by the design of this great flower from Kelly #1017 (see her flower here)
 
 
 
 I cut a strip of paper 1 1/2 inches wide and then punched the strip with my Fiskars Threading Water border punch.  I cut a strip at the dip of each scallop to get the "petals" of my flower and then started arranging and gluing them onto a punched 2" circle.




For the center, I cut a circle and placed it in a bottle cap.  I put some Glossy Accents in the center and pressed some beads into the puddle.  I topped everything with more Glossy Accents, and set it aside to dry (for  a    L   O   N  G    time).


This page design comes from a sketch over at Scrapbook Challenges, sketch #309.  This site remains one of my favorites for sketches.  This layout was chosen as a gallery gem for the week of August 24th over on the Scrapbook Challenges blog.




If' I'm posting Halloween layouts, it must be fall!  Who am I kidding, for my regular followers, you know it very well could be February and I would be posting Halloween layouts.  But, it really is fall!  The temps are getting chilly at night, we've even had frost in the garden!  It's my favorite time of year and I'm taking lots of pics to scrap for the future...I'm also trying to get some yard projects done---eek!

~Kelly

Pin It
  

1 comment:

  1. I loved this lO on Fiskateers and I love it even more here because I can enlarge and look at the details more.

    ReplyDelete