Thursday, March 21, 2013

Be hoppy...

 
Sometimes being "hoppy" takes a lot more effort than it should.  It's been a rough few weeks around here and the snow and cold that are still on the ground (despite the fact that the calendar says that it is the middle of March) are not helping.
 
A little time in the craft dungeon does make me "hoppy".  Doubly "hoppy" in this case.  Fiskateers hosted a mini-crop over the weekend.  I was only able to get 2 challenges done.  The first one, seen above, was a "Kermit" challenge.  In other words, use a frog in your project.  I had to wrap a gift for a wedding shower and had NO wrapping paper besides Christmas.  So, I turned some plain Kraft wrap into something "hoppy".  I used the Fiskars Funky Heart squeeze punch to create the big, dimensional flower. 

 
Since I was digging around in my scrappy stash of goodies and found 2 frogs for Challenge #1, I decided to use the other frog for Challenge #2-Somewhere over the Rainbow.    I used my Fiskars Banner Year XXXL Lever Punch to cut perfect triangles out of these scraps.  Ribbit--little froggy is poking out from behind to wish someone a "hoppy" birthday.

Hope it is warming up where you are and you find some ways to "be hoppy".

~Kelly


Pin It



No comments:

Post a Comment