Thursday, September 19, 2013

Be ready to soar...

Soaring is not on my "to do" list lately.  More like "squeeze in some crafty time when I can".  However, this ink-speckled bird is ready to fly!  When I was shopping at Linnie Blooms in July, my items were given to me in a plain Kraft gift bag.  I told Linda Barutha (Linnie Blooms owner) that the bag would come back to her eventually.  I kept my promise and went wild!  I zentangled with a fine point Sharpie on a square blank and then added Distress Inks to this bird and its wing (which also doubles as a leaf shape).  Sharpies, Distress Inks...is there anything these Linnie Blooms shapes can't withstand?

And why stop there?  I crinkle folded some border punch cut strips and attached them onto the bottom of the bag.  I also spy a paper doily, a butterfly and flower (both punched from an old book), a little spritzing, and don't forget the burlap scrap!

How about you?  Ready to soar or just squeezing in some crafty time when you can?  Hope it's the first one!

~Kelly

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment