Friday, January 31, 2014

Create organization (and sparkle)...


 
I believe January should always carry a little sparkle with it leftover from Christmas.  In this case, I was inspired by the sparkle of a little old Italian grandmother.  She was my college roommate's grandma and she was definitely a sparkle.  One of those people that you never forget no matter how long it has been since  you've seen them.  She passed away a few weeks ago and I sent this tag/card to my friend with sympathy. 
 
I watercolored the tag and then heat embossed some patterned stars with clear sparkly embossing powder (it doesn't show up on this picture very well but is subtle and really pretty in person).  Lace, buttons, and a big sparkly star for her big, sparkly personality.  Rest in peace Grandma Mary.
 
If you hurry, you can post your sparkly star or project with a New Year resolution over to Scrap it Girl...the January challenge ends today.

 
It is also "Favorite Things Friday" over at Scrap it Girl and we are talking organization.  One of my favorite organizational ideas is this large clear over the door shoe holder that I use for my punches (I probably need another one because what you don't see is my storage drawer full of MORE punches).  Head over to Scrap it Girl for some awesome ideas for your scrap collection(s) and link up your great ideas. 
 
I'll be back soon as we head into February (I heart hearts)!

~Kelly


Pin It


 

No comments:

Post a Comment