Thursday, January 30, 2014

Create a RAK

What is a RAK you ask?  RAK stands for Random Act of this case it is a random act of crafti-ness (and yes, crafti-ness is a real word).  Several months back, I created a post on Facebook asking for 5 people who would like to receive a RAK from me sometimes in the future.  I know it is not so random if you are asking, but several months have passed and I bet that most of those responders have long forgot that they are going to be getting a handmade gift.  I ended up with 6 quick responders and 2 people have already received their RAK.  The last 4 are getting some card sets.

Since this "polar vortex" doesn't seem to have an end in sight, I have been using up scraps and playing while I catch up on my game shows.  After all, I can't keep cooking and baking (and EATING) all the time!

When making card sets, I like to keep a common design base, but then change up each card a little bit.  All of these cards have confetti and that embossed doodle background, but after that I changed the color schemes and sentiments and ribbon so that they are all a bit different.

These cards and quick, simple, and hopefully will make someone smile when they open their mailbox.


Pin It


  1. Your cards made me smile! I'm really hoping your polar vortex ends soon...but then crafting and games shows might be a nice change of pace every now and then ;)

  2. Love the confetti! Looks like a party!