Saturday, September 24, 2011

Be-witching

Where do you go when you've lost it?  The mojo that is.  Sometimes I just seem to move things around and re-arrange my crafty stuff so that I can trick myself into thinking that I haven't lost it.  The mojo that is. 

Last year I bought this Halloween banner kit from The Scrappy Gourmet.  Apparently it was just waiting for me to crack it open when I needed it the most.  Maybe I just don't want to admit that it's fall.  Fall is my FAVORITE season, but it also reminds me that we are headed toward winter (NOT my favorite season).  This kit is just what I needed to make me want to embrace this time.  While I was working on it, I started getting this feeling.  It was warm and fuzzy and kind of made my head hurt.  I think it was some mojo returning!  I started pulling out paper, making my fingers inky, and writing things down!  That's how fast the ideas were coming!  You might even see more than 1 blog post per week (maybe I shouldn't get carried away).





Back to this kit...it's called "The Witching Hour", by Sheila Rumney.  Since this is the first kit I've bought from The Scrappy Gourmet, I have nothing to compare it to, but this one was FULL of texture, graphics, ribbons, brads, and chipboard.  I had to paint, ink, punch, glitter, and sand.  There were so many steps, that this kept me busy for a few nights.  I give it two inky thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment