Monday, August 20, 2012

whatever is a challenge...


Since I will never be an Olympic athlete (I feel pretty secure in saying that it will NEVER happen), the next best thing is...participating in the Fiskateer games!

This week has been the Card Making Challenge and for me, 3 out of 4 ain't bad.  Now are you singing that old Meatloaf song?


Challenge #1: Make a "window" in your card.  I used an old Sizzix fence die and punched two different size flowers with an EK Success punch--with some pearl centers, you can peek through the window and into a virtual flower garden.  It says "a bunch" on the inside.  "Thanks a bunch!".  I'm kind of addicted to these handy Cosmo Cricket alpha stickers--I have them in 4 different colors (so far).  Not much room to write on the inside with this design, but I can always use the back.

Challenge #2 is to make a card with a decorative edge--this one has 6 decorative edges(from a Fiskars border punch)!  And, since I don't "tweet", I thought this would be a good way to compensate.







Challenge #3  had me making shaped cards.  I used an old Sizzix die to cut the paper on the fold.  I stamped the petals' patterns and the sentiment with some stamps from Close to My Heart (the "Just for You" set).  I used Fiskars squeeze punches for the centers and the leaves.  (And yes, you can see my still wet Glossy Accents on the orange one.  I stuck my finger in it while it was still wet and had to re-apply).


 I  neglected yard work (again) just to participate in my kind of "Olympics".  What have you been neglecting lately to get your crafty time?


~Kelly


Pin It



No comments:

Post a Comment