Thursday, August 2, 2012

whatever is read...

Last month's issue of Scrapstreet, had my article, Graffiti (you can see it here), using book jacket art as inspiration. I used a children's book by Dr. Seuss, My Many Colored Days, as a spring-board for my page. There is LOTS of texture on these colored squares and subtle pattern changes in the black background.  One of my favorite things--the filled holes in the letters of the title--is something I lifted directly from the book cover.  If you haven't read this book, check it out...it's a non-traditional Dr. Seuss book in that it doesn't rhyme.  It uses color to describe our changing moods--a great book to let kids know that it's ok to have and feel all of these different emotions.

This page is a hodge-podge of pictures, all of them capturing my very silly little girl in just a few of her silly moments, and believe me, there are a lot of them (Statue of Liberty jumps, ballet shoes at breakfast, the "I just won a medal in the Olympics" face, endless dance routines complete with costumes, wigs, and giggle fits, wearing a babuszka, proud of her 21 mosquito bites, daily documentation of family happenings on the dry erase board, saying good-bye to her beloved doll on her way to school, and more silly dance routines-this time she goes Hawaiian).  

Sometimes, it's easy to get caught up in capturing events, so I need to remind myself to do a page (or two) that captures my childrens' personalities.  And this girl, she is silly.  Way silly.
~Kelly


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment