Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Be hopeful...


 
 
Unfortunately I have had to send 2 sympathy cards in the last few weeks.  I have always loved this sentiment...
 
 "Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy." 
 
It is a message of hope when it doesn't seem like there is a lot of hope around.
 
 

 
This week, over at the Linnie Blooms Blog, we are challenging everyone to use Distress Inks.  The Design Team is continuing to show the endless versatility of the Linnie Bloom canvas shapes. 
 
I applied Distress Stains (faded jeans, weathered wood, and tumbled glass colors) directly to the canvas overlapping the shades a bit.  I spritzed with a little water to facilitate them to bleed together and then spritzed with some Close to My Heart Pearl Paint (that I mixed with water and put in a spritz bottle).   
 
When it dried, I cut stars into the square using my Sizzix paddle punches (remember those?)  I like the way it caused the stars to fray (and I pulled a few more string to get them to look even more distressed).  I placed some silver glitter paper behind the canvas to make it look like the love in the stars was really shining. 


 
I loved the way this card turned out.  But I am hoping that I won't have to make anymore sympathy cards for awhile.
 
Hopeful.
 

~Kelly



Pin It


Don't forget to show us how you use your Distress Inks over at the Linnie Blooms Blog.  The challenge ends August 31st.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment