Monday, April 19, 2010

orthodontia, toast, and thankfulness (and a P.S.)

We have entered the world of orthodontia, as Luke now has an "appliance". I am taking bets as to how long it will be before I will be digging through garbage to find the "tossed" retainer.

I had a wonderful night away with friends on Friday. We giggled and got our fill of movies (Shakespeare in Love-one of my all time favorites, the Hangover-very funny, and the Proposal-cute chick flick). For breakfast I made a fabulous recipe from my friend Patti. It is so yummy, that it is the Monday recipe.

Schauer's Overnight French Toast
½ C. butter
1 C. brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
12 slices of bread
5 eggs, well beaten
1 ½ C. milk

Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; stir in brown sugar and cinnamon, mixing until blended. Spread evenly on bottom of a 13x9 inch pan. Place bread slices in a double layer on sugar mixture. Combine beaten eggs and milk and pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake uncovered at 350 for 45 minutes. Serve with syrup and powdered sugar.
Yield: 4-6 servings

Sketch 194 over at Scrapbook Challenges has me working on Thanksgiving.




Especially fun is this cute paper-pieced turkey. I used a Fiskars Daisy punch for the feathers and a small "splash" punch for his feet and head feathers.



P.S. Forgot to announce the winner of my scrappy survey RAK. It is Scrappy-rat Fiskateer Veronica. Congratulations! Send me an e-mail (purplekellystar@aol.com)

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is lovely Kelly, and those recipes sound delish!! Would love for you to become a follower at my blog. Have a great week. What is the weather like by you?? We are patiently waiting for autumn to come!! We have had such hot weather here in SA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo hoo! I saw your post on Fiskateers and I'll send you an email. Thanks so much!

    BTW, I'm going to have to steal that adorable turkey idea! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete