Here's 25 scrapbook-related get to know you questions. Copy & paste the questions to your blog and change the answers to your own! Have fun!
1. Scrapper/cardmaker/both? both
2. How long have you been scrapping/cardmaking ? How did you get into it? I had gone to a party for one of those stamping companies (I don't even remember which one) before I had kids and really didn't feel compelled to start scrapping. When I had my first child, I got the itch...the last 3 years it has just kind of snowballed, actually AVALANCHED, from there.
3. Do you prefer to work alone, or get together with friends/go to crops/classes etc.? I mostly work alone, but do go to crops a few times a year and am part of a scrap club that meets one night every other month (Hi Gina)
4. Favorite embellishments? stickers, I like to pop them up, ink them, doodle on them, use them as a border, or as a frame, or, or, or...
5. Favorite paper brands? Basic Grey, Bella Blvd, Reminisce, Bo Bunny, not picky--I like them all
6. Favorite tool? my special Fiskateer Fiskars scissors (#6446)
7. Favorite kind of ink? Versamark and plain old black
8. Whose your scrap idol? I love the scrappers of Scrapbook Challenges and If Its Groovy , there are some very talented scrap artists that hang around there
9. Something you bought that you wish you hadn't or have never used? I rarely use my Xyron machine
10. Do you have your own scraproom or do you work in a shared area? I am a basement scrap-rat
11. Are you a chronological, reverse chronological, or random scrapper? obsessive, crazed, chronological scrapper, but I'm trying to break free and random scrap or make mini-books once in a while
12. What is your scrapping style if you have one? focus on the photos
13. Whats on your work area right now? a mess
14. Favorite adhesive? I do like an adhesive runner, but I still use a glue stick for lots of things.
15. Technique you have never tried that you would like to? I've been meaning to "mask", but haven't done it yet.
16. Are you on or have you ever been on a design team or been a guest designer? I'm on the www.ifitsgroovy.ning.com card design team. (Hi Groovy Deb).
17. Have you ever had your work published? Not yet, I have submitted a few times.
18. Are you a consultant for a company such as Close to my heart, stampin up, creative memories, etc? no
19. Do you subscribe to any kit clubs, if so which ones? no
20. Do you have a minimal stash of supplies or are you a shopper/collecter? I'm a shopper
21. Are you a sketch user, scraplifter, or do you come up with it all on your own? a little bit of everything
22. Do you participate in any online challenges, if so which ones? Fiskateers (Lift a Fiskateer) and Scrapbook Challenges. I've just found scrapping the music and inspired blueprints and would like to try those.
23. Do you own any diecutting machines (manual or electric) and if so which ones? I have a Sizzix Big Shot (non-electric).
24. If you have a manual diecutting machine what kind of dies do you use? I use Sizzix, Spellbinders, Cuttlebug. I have found many cheap, on-line (e-bay) from scrappers who are switching to something different.
25. Are you a Stickleser (is that even a word?Do you use Stickles?) once in a while, I only have 2 (I don't have the patience for letting them dry).
I glued pink, light pink, and red tissue onto white cardstock and let it dry. I cut those into rectangles slightly smaller than my 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 inch black cardstock base. I rounded the corners and then stamped and embossed with purple powder the heart tree, a squiggle heart, and a checkerboard. I added a dimensional heart sticker (small square), puffy painted a few hearts on the tree in silver glitter, and then glued it onto slightly larger purple mulberry paper. Then glued that all onto my black base.
I'm going away Friday night with "girlfriends". Here's to daquiri slushes, chick flicks, and... pillow fights (?).