Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Be open...


I've been trying to "be" a lot of different things this year on my blog.  And one thing that I wanted when I started this blog was for it to push me, expand me, "open" me.  To new ideas, new people, new techniques, and new projects.  It has done that and I want it to continue.  So, I am expanding into some mixed media projects.  I have decided to try and keep up with this home decor project for each month that I started last month (see July project here). 


 
Chevron background stamp=CTMH Who's Your Valentine
Bicycle, Sentiment, and Clock=CTMH Enjoy Life
Paper=For Always and Surfs Up
Canvas Flower=Linnie Blooms (http://lindabarutha.com/shop/)
 
 
Lori Brown, a Close to My Heart consultant, sent the Chicagoland Scrapbooker Design Team some papers to play with, and "oh my flowers" did I play! For this project I used papers from "For Always", "Buzz and Bumble", and "Surf''s Up".
 

 
Flowers=CTMH Just for You stamped on pages from an old book
August background=CTMH Cherish the Day stamp
Paper=For Always
Canvas Butterfly= Linnie Blooms (www.lindabarutha.com/shop)
 
 
 
 
 
You might have noticed those cute canvas shapes (flower and butterflies) that I used too. More focus on those coming soon, but you can check out those and more shapes at Linnie Blooms.
 
Hexagons=CTMH Honeycomb Flair, then cut with Fiskars Hexagon large squeeze punch
Paper=Buzz and Bumble
 
 

All this week, you can also see what the other Chicagoland Scrapbooker Design Team members did with all of the CTMH papers.  Check it out at the Chicagoland Scrapbooker blog (there is a CONTEST too).

And, a BIG "thank you" to Lori Brown for letting us play with these beautiful papers. Don't forget to visit her site too, right here.



By the way, just because I am posting an "August" project does not mean I am ready for August.  I'm going to hold onto July real tight for as long as I can.

~Kelly


Pin It


1 comment: