Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Be red, white, and blue

We are just going to skip right over the fact that I have been neglecting my blog. I know it. You know it. There. We are done talking about it.
It is a new month. And that new month is July, so we need to start off the month with RED, WHITE, and BLUE.  July is a month dedicated to those who have so bravely dedicated their lives to our country so that we may all experience freedom.  If you ask me, every day should be dedicated to them.
 
 
RED, WHITE, and BLUE is the challenge of the month over at Scrap It Girl. I found this simple wood divided frame at Michaels, and thought it would be perfect to make something for my home. I painted it white and then randomly distressed it with some ink and paint in a gray/blue color. 
 
In one square, I placed a ATC that I had made a long time ago...it was just sitting in a container with other ATCs collecting dust, so perfect to use it now (one less square to think about). For the upper right square, I rolled paper around a marker, sealed it with hot glue, and gently slid it off the marker to make these rolls.  I love the dimension they add.  The banner is made with Unity banner stamps-I distressed the edges and glued them onto a lace strips to hang. 
On another square, I used assorted buttons (I layered felt underneath so the buttons wouldn't be set in so deep). Another square is filled with patriotic pinwheels. In this big square above, I stamped a background using a chevron image and then painted or inked, or papered some flat wooden stars. The bottom right square is filled with flowers, some made and some bought. A red or blue bling dot in the middle of each is a simple addition.
 
Please play along with Scrap It Girl this month...we want to see you get your red, white, and blue on!


~Kelly


Pin It



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment