Monday, February 4, 2013

Be warm (even when it's cold)...

 
It's cold. 
And, I don't like it. 
I'm not a summer girl either. 
Really, I'm a fall and spring kind of a girl. 
Rather than mope until April, I'll try to trudge through the winter. 
 
The Scrap It Girl Challenge for February is "material". 
 
Fluffy, wooly, soft, silky, fuzzy...whatever you want! 
Add it to your project and show it off!  There's a great prize package for the winner.  Last month we had over 50 fabulous entries--it was so hard to pick a winner.  But, it could be you this month! 
 
Head over to Scrap It Girl and show us how you are a "Material Girl".  Do you hear Madonna singing?
 
On my project, I added felt mittens cut from a Sizzix die, and I made a felt hat by hot glueing the end of a long rectangle of felt to itself.  I turned over the edge at the bottom for the brim.  And I gathered the top with a piece of twine.  Easy peasy and NO SEWING--(even though I probably could have sewn it because it would have been straight lines after all---hee hee).
 
The "COLD" is fuzzy because I added some white Flower Soft to the top.  It makes it look just like it snowed on my layout. 
 
So, are you embracing the cold or holding out til April? 
Whichever it is...be warm!

 

~Kelly

Pin It

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment